I know I am beating a rotting animal here but I am new to Benelli and, except for a few familiarization tries with an 870 in the late 80's, fairly new to the shotgun in general.
My interest in the whole M4/M1014 is a result of asking around here in Iraq about the weapon and it seems to have a thumbs-up for the most part. Ergo, my interest in owning one of these weapons.
In my own defense, I've spent about a week reading everything via a search on M1014 (and got everything the man has posted! ) and on M4 (a much more productive search!)
So, now to the dead animal series of questions:
(Feel free to tackle separately and according to your own expertise and experiences. I understand YMMV)
1. The M1014 - Is the stock collapsable or not and is it replaceable with a collapsable one or not?
2. What is/are the most significant differences between the two shotgun models (M4vs. M1014)
3. What is the current status of the whole tube extension issue and the collapsable stock with Benelli M4's and the ATF?
4. Can anyone pass along thier own experience with the Surefire 80 Picatinny Rails? How easy were they to install and how well do they work?
5. Lastly, is there anyone who can recommend a 3-5 day Tactical Shotgun Course from thier own experience?