Ok ok ok ok - you are mad - we get it.
Here is my list of issues:
1) What does your yellow warranty card say about wood parts? Mine all say that wood parts are not covered under the warranty. That being said, Benelli did replace a cracked wood stock on my SBE way back in 1992 at no charge. The new stock had a metal band tapped in. The same stock is now cracked even with the metal band and Benelli recently told me to pound sand when I asked for a new stock. I said ok, after all, the stock is now 13 years old, lasted 15,000 rounds, and I have a synthetic set on the gun now anyway! Wood parts are notoriously hard to get warranty repair work done on - I have had many fights with Browing as well on this issue.
2) What caused the stock to swell and split? It is usually from getting dunked. My wood stock got wet on the first day out in 1990, swelled a bit, and never went back to the original size. Maybe yours is bad wood though, I don't know.
3) The little section you quote is just a part of the Benelli warranty that is noted on the website, not the complete card.
4) What was your point in giving the CS lady a hard time? She said they don't have the part yet, what were you trying to achieve by continuing to blast her? Do you think she really had the part in a desk drawer and was just withholding it from you to be mean? Do you think she is the stock carver for Benelli? If your daughter worked at Benelli would you want some guy hassling her like you did?
5) Nice first post. Too bad you were not a regular member before you decided to get on here and vent. You have little credibility IMHO because you apparently only came here to b itch. The big red header says to direct all CS comments directly to CS! This forum is more for Benelli owners to exchange info.
6) The simple fact is that the part is not available. It happens. You do not get to decide what is a reasonable period of time to wait, it is a manufacturing issue. It can certainly be your opinion, but that's about it.
7) I think the Craig she is referring to is Craig Johnson. I recall he was sort of the leader of the CS team. I have had some luck, not much, by contacting him directly at; [email protected].
8) If you got an RA # for a warranty repair, then I think you should be able to enforce that against Benelli regardless of the wood clause in the warranty card.
You can search here for all sorts of other Benelli e-mail addresses, but they all have such specific titles that they may not be able to help.
mudhen - CA
mudhen - CA
"Lighten up Francis"