1) Are there any design differences between a recent (new) Benelli M3 shotgun and an older Heckler & Koch branded M3?
2) Would I be able to install a pistol grip stock onto an H&K M3?
3) Have there been ANY design changes in the M3 in the last 15yrs? If so, what are they? Can you take an older M3 and update it with newer replacement parts? Is it econimically feasible to do so if possible?
4) What should I know about buying an M3, that I probably don't know, but should?
5) Why did H&K and Benelli part ways? It seemed like a good match of companies. H&K having inroads into the law enforcement community and commitment to manufacturing high quality pistols. Benelli having that same commitment with the longarms that they manufacture, but less of a presence in the LE community.
I am very interested in purchasing an M3, but want to get a good deal. I was just outbid on gunbroker on a very nice one for about $900 I think that I can get one for less than that.
I appreciate any information that more knowledgeable members can provide. Thank you for your time.